Thursday, April 2, 2009

I didn't think much of this salad til I put it in my mouth. About halfway through I decided to capture it because wow, it was amazing. It was a really simple salad to make.

Boston Lettuce (the kind that comes with the root on it lasts forever)
Sprouts
Cucumbers
Tofu
Hearts of Palm
Sesame Seeds

Dressing: (I didn't measure anything... just went by taste)
Olive Oil
Tahini
Lemon Juice
Cider Vinegar (but not much)
Salt and Pepper

The tahini dressing and the hearts of palm were the perfect combination and it was such a light tasty salad. If you've never had hearts of palm I recommend you try it sometime. It has a light salty, tangy flavor similar to artichokes. It is so good. I have only bought mine at Trader Joe's and it comes in a jar so you can use one and save the rest for later. The nutty tahini was the perfect balance to complete my lunch.

1 comment: