Thursday, March 26, 2009

Beets, Artichokes, and Date Puree

I made this salad the other night. It was so yummmy!!! I sort of had a recipe but was missing lots of ingredients so I improvised. Here's what I did:

Mix equal amounts of red wine vinegar and olive oil with a dash of salt and pepper.
In one bowl marinate some sliced beets in the mix and in a separate bowl marinate the artichokes in the mix.
While those are marinating, blend/puree 1/4 cup of dates (pitted), 1/4 cup of water, 2 tablespoons of Orange Juice, and add salt and pepper to taste (you may have to add more water or juice or dates depending on the texture, just play around til you get it right).
Combine the beets and Artichokes and drizzle the Date puree over the top. The recipe also called for turnips and watercress but I did not have any on hand. Nonetheless it turned out really good, I'd also recommend using a raspberry vinaigrette if you don't want to make a puree.

No comments: