Monday, February 16, 2009

Mexican Chocolate Cake

A few weeks ago, for the supper club's Mexican night I was in charge of dessert. I took this basic French Chocolate Cake recipe and added cinnamon to give it a spicy flavor and to go along with the theme. You can find the recipe here at My Daily Bread. The recipe is a little more intricate than your basic chocolate cake but it is worth the effort! The cake was amazing. I also found a jar of Mocha Expresso sauce at my local grocery, warmed it up on the stove, and drizzled it over the cake for an even better taste. The cake has a similar consistency to a flourless chocolate cake but there is a small amount of flour in it so it isn't quite as fudgy. I prefer it to a flourless cake anyday. Try it out and let me know what you think!

No comments: