Thursday, February 26, 2009

Happy Birthday Jo!

Just wishing my dear friend and roommate Joanna a Happy Birthday one more time. We surprised her when she got home today with a little tea and cake :) And of course... the Beatles Birthday Song blaring at she opened the door (derderderder derder You say its yo' birthday! derderderder derder It's my birthday toooo!). Aaaaanyways....We set it all up for her to walk in and see!

I put my apron on and got to work on the cake this morning... I made a simple yellow cake (thank you dear grandma for the better homes and gardens classic cookbook) and baked it in a 13x9 inch pan since we had no little round ones. I cut out two circles from the pan and made a simple chocolate ganache filling.

I frosted the cake with a Vanilla Whipped Cream frosting and added some berries to make it pretty.

Needless to say.... we each finished two pieces and now I have a cake baby. Sigh... I love celebrating!

No comments: